Grilled sausages with lentil salad
Prep time 15 minutes Cook time 15 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •8 thick pork sausages
- •1 x 440g can lentils, drained and rinsed
- •1 carrot, peeled & julienne sliced
- •1 Lebanese cucumber, finely diced
- •1 red capsicum, finely diced
- •2 tablespoons lemon juice
- •2 tablespoons olive oil
- •Salt & pepper to taste
- •Tzatziki yoghurt sauce
- •Finely chopped parsley to serve
- 1.Heat the griddle pan over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- 2.Cook sausages slowly on each side for 4-6 minutes until cooked through (time will be dependant on the thickness of the sausages).
- 3.Remove the griddle pan from the heat and allow sausages to rest.
- 4.In a bowl combine the lentils, carrot, cucumber and capsicum.
- 5.Add the lemon juice, salt & pepper to the bowl and mix well.
- 6.Serve the sausages over the lentil salad and drizzle with the yoghurt sauce and garnish with the finely chopped parsley.
This salad is delicious served hot or cold. Serve this dish in a warm soft wrap for a delicious lunch or light snack.