Ham, Pea and Pecorino Risotto
Prep time 10 minutes Cook time 25 minutes
Serves 4 people
This risotto is a fantastic way to use up leftover ham and put a delicious meal on the table.
- •400g Australian ham off the bone, diced
- •3 cups arborio rice
- •6 cups chicken or vegetable stock, heated
- •100g pecorino cheese, grated
- •1 cup white wine
- •Small bunch chives, chopped
- •Small bunch parsley, chopped
- •1 onion, diced
- •1 leek, diced
- •4 garlic cloves, diced
- •1 cup peas
- •Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- •Salt and pepper
- •3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.Heat some olive oil in a pan and fry the onion, leek and garlic for 5 minutes, or until soft.
- 2.Add the rice and fry for 2 minutes. Pour in the wine and cook until evaporated. Add the heated stock one cup at a time, always stirring until it’s all absorbed and the rice has softened. This will take about 20 minutes.
- 3.Add the peas, ham and lemon zest and juice. Cook for a further 2 minutes.
- 4.Remove from heat before adding the pecorino and herbs.
- 5.Season with salt and pepper.