Ham, Zucchini and Feta Fritters
Prep time 20 minutes Cook time 30 minutes
Serves 16 people
- •200g sliced Australian leg ham, finely diced
- •2 (about 250g) zucchini, trimmed
- •2 green onions (shallots), trimmed and thinly sliced
- •100g feta cheese, crumbled
- •1 1/3 cups self-raising flour
- •2 eggs
- •3/4 cup milk
- •Light flavoured extra virgin olive oil, for frying
- •tomato chutney, sour cream and thinly sliced green onions (shallots), to serve
- 1.Preheat oven to 160°C/140°C fan-forced. Grate zucchini and firmly squeeze in your hands to remove excess juices. Place zucchini into a large bowl. Add ham, green onions, feta and flour. Using a large metal spoon, gently stir until well combined.
- 2.Whisk eggs and milk in a jug and add to zucchini mixture. Stir until well combined. Season with pepper.
- 3.Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Using ¼ cup of zucchini mixture per fritter, cook fritters in batches (adding extra oil as required) for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a tray and place in oven to keep warm while cooking the batches.
- 4.Serve fritters with tomato chutney, sour cream and thinly sliced green onions.