Hoisin glazed slow roasted pork shoulder
Prep time 10 minutes Cook time 8 hours
Serves 4 people
- •2kg pork shoulder, bone in, skin removed and fat trimmed
- •6 cloves garlic, smashed
- •1 large piece fresh ginger, roughly chopped
- •Juice and zest of 1 lime
- •½ cup hoisin sauce
- •½ cup plum sauce
- •Salt and pepper
- •1 cup apple cider
Corn, tomato and bean salad
- •Mix together corn kernels of 1 cob of corn
- •410g can diced tomatoes, drained
- •410g can bean mix of choice
- •1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- •Olive oil
- 1.Preheat the oven to 140°C
- 2.Place the garlic, ginger, lime juice and zest, hoisin sauce and plum sauce in a blender, blend till smooth and well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3.Line a deep baking dish with some baking paper, place the pork into the dish and spread the hoisin and plum sauce over the trimmed pork shoulder. Pour the apple cider around the base of the pork.
- 4.Cover with a piece of baking paper then completely cover and seal tightly with foil.
- 5.Place in the oven and cook slowly for approximately 8 hours or overnight. When ready the pork should be very tender, place on a board with pan juices beside.
- 6.For the corn and bean salad, toss the ingredients together, season and sprinkle with chopped parsley and a drizzle of olive oil.
- 7.Serve glazed pork with grilled corn and the corn and bean salad.
Pork leg can be used in place of pork shoulder for this recipe.