Hoisin honey pork & veggie noodle stir fry
Prep time 15 minutes Cook time 15 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •250g dried thin egg noodles
- •½ cup hoisin sauce
- •2 tablespoons honey
- •2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- •2 tablespoons vegetable or peanut oil
- •750g pork scotch steaks, cut into thin strips
- •4 green onions (shallots), trimmed and cut into 4cm lengths
- •1 large carrot, halved lengthways and thinly sliced diagonally
- •1 red capsicum, quartered, deseeded and cut into thin strips
- •1 bunch broccolini, trimmed and cut into 4cm pieces
- •1/3 cup roasted cashews, chopped, to serve
- 1.Cook noodles following packet directions until tender. Drain and keep warm.
- 2.Combine hoisin sauce, honey and rice wine vinegar in a jug. Set aside.
- 3.Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a wok over high heat.
- 4.Stir-fry pork in small batches for 2-3 minutes, adding extra oil to wok if necessary, until evenly browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- 5.Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the wok over high heat.
- 6.Add green onions, carrot, capsicum and broccolini. Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- 7.Add 2 tablespoons of water, cover and cook for 1-2 minutes until broccolini is vibrant and just tender.
- 8.Return pork to wok and add hoisin sauce mixture. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until pork is just cooked through.
- 9.Serve with noodles and chopped cashews.