Honey Balsamic Pot Roasted Pork
Prep time 30 minutes Cook time 1 hour 30 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •800g silverside pork
- •3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- •1 brown onion, chopped into large chunks
- •1 large carrot, peeled and chopped into large chunks
- •1 stick celery, chopped into large chunks
- •½ fennel, chopped into large chunks
- •2 red chillies, sliced
- •2 bay leaves
- •1 bunch thyme
- •1-inch ginger, microplaned
- •500ml chicken stock
- •2 tablespoons honey
Honey balsamic glaze
- •¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- •¼ cup honey
- •¼ cup soy sauce
- •1-inch ginger, peeled and microplaned
- •Roast vegetables such as baby beets and potatoes
- •½ bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1.Preheat oven to 180C fan-forced.
- 2.Season pork on all sides with salt and pepper. Add pork to a hot pot with a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil on medium heat and sear on all sides.
- 3.Add vegetables to a hot, large frying pan over medium-high heat with remaining olive oil. Saute for a few minutes until the vegetables begin to soften.
- 4.Transfer vegetables to the pot, add stock, glaze and an extra drizzle of honey over the pork.
- 5.Roast for 1 hr - 1.5 hrs or until tender. Allow to rest for 30-40 minutes before serving. Transfer all of the pot-roasted vegetables onto your serving platter. Carve the pork and serve with extra roast vegetables. Garnish with chopped parsley to serve.