- •1kg pork scotch, skin off (pork belly can be used as an alternatively)
- •Skewers, soaked in water for at least 30 minutes.
- •3 tablespoons honey
- •5 tablespoons light soy
- •3 garlic cloves, grated
- •1 thumbsized piece of ginger, grated
- •2 tablespoons lime juice
- •2 tablespoons sesame oil
- •1 tablespoon neutral oil
- •Sesame seeds for garnish
- •12 baby corn spears
- •200g bean sprouts
- •2 lebanese cucumbers
- •2 spring onions, finely sliced
- •2 limes (juice and zest)
- •2 teaspoons sesame oil
- •Pinch chilli flakes
- •2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- •2 teaspoons neutral oil
- •Pinch pepper
- •Pinch toasted sesame seeds
- 1.Mix the ingredients for the honey soy glaze in a bowl.
- 2.Cut the pork scotch steaks into 4cm cubes and toss in a few tablespoons of the honey soy glaze. Marinating this overnight would be best.
- 3.Skewer 3-4 pieces of pork per stick. Brush each stick with some of the remaining glaze and either grill in the oven, barbecue or pan fry. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
- 4.For the salad, combine all the salad dressing ingredients in a little jar or bowl. Mix well.
- 5.Chop the corn spears and cucumber into bite sized pieces. Mix with the bean sprouts and finely sliced spring onions.
- 6.Add a few tablespoons of the salad dressing to the salad. Toss well. Taste and add more dressing as desired.