Indian butter Marsala pork
Prep time 10 minutes Cook time 40 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •500g lean diced pork
- •1 tablespoon oil
- •30g butter
- •1 onion, finely sliced
- •¼ cup Indian butter Marsala paste
- •1 cup chicken stock
- •2 tablespoons tomato paste
- •1 red capsicum, diced
- •2 ripe tomatoes, diced
- •200ml cooking cream
- •Basmati rice
- •Raita or natural yoghurt
- •Diced cucumber
- •Naan bread
- •Mint leaves to garnish
- 1.Heat oil in a large saucepan and brown the diced pork well for 4-5 minutes.
- 2.Add the butter, onions and curry paste to the saucepan and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- 3.Stir in the chicken stock and tomato paste. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for 25 minutes.
- 4.Stir in the tomatoes and capsicum and continue to simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the cream and heat through.
- 5.Serve pork with steamed basmati rice, raita, cucumber and Naan bread. Garnish with mint leaves.
If you like it spicy add one red chilli finely chopped to curry paste.