Italian mozzarella & pork meatballs with napoli sauce
Prep time 15 minutes Cook time 20 minutes
Serves 6 people
- •600g pork mince
- •100g salami, finely chopped
- •½ cup continental parsley, finely chopped
- •2 garlic cloves, crushed
- •1 cup bread crumbs
- •1 egg
- •Salt & pepper to taste
- •200g Mozzarella cheese, cubed
- •1 tablespoon olive oil
- •500ml tomato based pasta sauce
- •1 cup chicken stock
- •Fresh crusty bread
- •Marinated olives
- 1.In a large bowl, combine the pork mince, salami, parsley, garlic, bread crumbs, egg, salt & pepper. Mix well.
- 2.Using wet hands, form the mixture into golf ball sized balls.
- 3.Make an indentation with your thumb in the centre of each ball and place a piece of mozzarella into the centre of each meatball and re-roll.
- 4.Heat oil in a non stick pan over a medium heat and brown meatballs well on each side.
- 5.Pour over the combined pasta sauce and chicken stock over the meatballs and reduce heat to simmer 15 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- 6.Serve meatballs hot with fresh crusty bread and olives.
Mozzarella cheese may be replaced with baby bocconcini, halved. Meatballs can be served over freshly cooked pasta, garnished with Parmesan cheese.