Italian pork balls
Prep time 10 minutes Cook time 20 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •500g lean pork mince
- •1 onion, finely chopped
- •½ cup parsley, finely chopped
- •½ cup semi dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- •10 basil leaves, finely chopped
- •1 egg
- •2 tablespoons oil
- •500g tomato pasta sauce
- •Freshly cooked spaghetti to serve
- •Shaved Parmesan to serve
- •Basil leaves to garnish
- 1.In a large bowl combine the pork mince, onion, parsley, semi dried tomatoes, basil leaves and egg. Mix well.
- 2.Shape the mixture into golf ball sized balls.
- 3.Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat and brown the pork balls evenly on all sides. Remove and set aside. Continue until all pork balls are browned.
- 4.Return all pork balls to the pan and pour over pasta sauce and simmer for a further 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- 5.Serve over hot freshly cooked spaghetti, garnish with Parmesan cheese and basil leaves.
Grated carrot and zucchini can be added to this recipe if you need to hide the vegetables for the kids.