Kansas City Pork Ribs
Serves 8 people
Pork ribs are the ultimate carnivore’s delight, where every delicate and succulent bone is more delicious than the last. In America’s South, there are an almost endless variety of styles in which ribs are prepared, but our heart lies in Kansas City Missouri, where the flavour is just right. Sweet, rich and good. As far as technique goes, it’s just a simple 3 hour bake, 2 hours covered, one open. Couldn’t be easier.
- •4 10-bone racks of pork ribs
- •sea salt flakes and freshly-ground black pepper
- •½ cup dark brown sugar
- •2 tablespoons barbecue seasoning
- •2 tablespoons oil
- •½ cup barbecue sauce
- •½ cup molasses
- •¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- •1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- •2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1.Preheat oven to 150°C. Season the ribs generously with salt and pepper, then rub with brown sugar and barbecue seasoning. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- 2.Arrange the ribs on a lined oven tray and drizzle with oil. Cover with foil then bake for 2 hours.
- 3.Combine the remaining ingredients in a small saucepan and set over a high heat. Boil rapidly for 5 minutes, until thickened.
- 4.Remove the foil, then continue baking for 1 hour, basting from time to time with the marinade, until tender and glossy.