Kransky Sausage Pasta with Tomato and Chilli Pesto
Prep time 20 minutes Cook time 10 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •3 pork kransky sausages, sliced diagonally
- •3 tablespoons olive oil
- •50g semi dried tomatoes
- •1 red chilli, seeds removed and sliced
- •20g grated parmesan
- •¼ cup parsley, chopped
- •400g can tomatoes, diced
- •400g penne pasta, cooked and drained
- •Black pepper to taste
- •Parmesan cheese to serve
- 1.Heat a non-stick pan over a medium heat and fry the sliced Kransky sausages until browned on both sides.
- 2.Place the oil, semi dried tomatoes, canned tomatoes, chilli, parmesan and parsley into the work bowl of a food processor and process until smooth.
- 3.Toss the pasta, pesto and kransky together in a large bowl. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- 4.Serve hot with salad and fresh crusty bread.
Kransky sausage may be replaced with Australian Bacon or Pork Sausages