Lebanese Style Pork Skewers
Prep time 25 minutes Cook time 15 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •500g pork mince
- •2 cloves garlic, finely grated
- •¼ cup flat leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- •¼ cup mint leaves, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- •2 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- •2 teaspoons ground cumin
- •2 teaspoons ground coriander
- •2 teaspoons ground sumac
- •½ teaspoon fine salt
- •½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- •1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- •Tabbouli, hummus, Lebanese bread, lemon wedges and pomegranate seeds, to serve
- 1.Place pork mince into a large mixing bowl. Add garlic, herbs, pine nuts and spices. Season with salt and pepper.
- 2.Using your hands, mix the pork mixture until thoroughly combined. Divide pork mixture into 8 portions. Mould each portion firmly into logs and insert a metal skewer lengthways into each.
- 3.Preheat a large char-grill pan over medium heat. Drizzle pork skewers with oil and cook, turning occasionally, for 12-15 minutes until lightly charred and cooked through.
- 4.Serve pork skewers with tabbouli, hummus, Lebanese bread, lemon wedges, pomegranate seeds, extra mint leaves and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
TIP: If preferred, you can use bamboo skewers – soak the skewers for 20 minutes in cold water before using.