Leg Ham, Spinach & Ricotta Mini Quiches
Prep time 25 minutes Cook time 25 minutes
Serves 10 people
- •150g sliced leg ham, finely diced
- •Olive oil spray, for greasing
- •120g baby spinach leaves
- •½ cup fresh ricotta (from the deli)
- •1/3 cup finely grated parmesan
- •2 eggs, whisked
- •2 sheets frozen ready-rolled short pastry, partially thawed
- •small basil leaves, to serve
- 1.Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Lightly spray 18 holes in two patty pans with oil spray.
- 2.Place spinach leaves into a large heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Stand for 10 seconds. Drain. Squeeze spinach to remove excess moisture and finely chop. Wipe the bowl dry and return spinach.
- 3.Add ham, ricotta, parmesan and eggs to spinach. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir until well combined.
- 4.Using a 7cm-round cutter, cut 18 rounds from pastry sheets. Line the prepared patty pan moulds with pastry rounds.
- 5.Spoon ham mixture into the pastry cases. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until filling is golden and pastry is golden.
- 6.Top the warm quiches with basil leaves and serve.
If liked, serve topped with a dollop of tomato chutney.