Lemon and herb marinated pork steak with creamy herb potato mash and steamed greens
Prep time 25 minutes Cook time 40 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •4 lean loin steaks
- •1 tablespoon olive oil
- •1 lemon zested and juiced
- •2 tablespoons mint leaves, sliced
- •2 tablespoons basil leaves
- •½ teaspoon salt
- •Freshly ground black pepper
- •800g potatoes, peeled and quartered
- •¼ cup cream
- •3 tablespoons butter
- •Salt and pepper to taste
- •¼ cup chopped herbs (chives, parsley, thyme)
- •Steamed greens to serve
- •Herbed butter to garnish
- 1.Place pork loin steaks in a large shallow non-metallic dish.
- 2.In a small food processor combine the oil, lemon juice, zest, mint leaves, basil, salt & pepper and process. Pour marinade over the pork loin steaks and marinate for 20 minutes.
- 3.Place the peeled potatoes into a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to boil and cook for 18-20 minutes until soft and tender.
- 4.Preheat the griddle pan for 1-2 minutes over a medium heat.
- 5.Place the pork steak in the griddle pan and cook 6 minutes, turn the steak and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove steak from the pan and rest in a warm place for 2 minutes.
- 6.Drain potatoes well.
- 7.Return saucepan to a low heat and warm the butter and cream.
- 8.Place the potatoes into a ricer and press to a fine mash.
- 9.Add the mashed potatoes to the butter and cream and whisk together to form a creamy mash.
- 10.Stir through the chopped herbs and season with salt & pepper.
- 11.Serve the marinated pork loin steak with the creamy herb mash, steamed seasonal vegetables and a little of your favourite relish on the side.