Malaysian pork rendang curry
Prep time 10 minutes Cook time 1 hour 40 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •1kg Australian pork shoulder, diced
- •2 tablespoons oil
- •2 onions, finely chopped
- •2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- •3 tablespoons Malaysian rendang curry paste
- •1 long red chilli
- •1 cup chicken stock
- •¼ cup shredded coconut
- •200ml coconut cream
- •Coriander leaves to serve
- •Basmati rice to serve
- •Fried shallots to serve
- •Wedges of lime to serve
- •Roti bread to serve
- 1.Heat oil in a large saucepan and brown the pork well in small batches.
- 2.Return the saucepan to the heat and sauté the onion, garlic, curry paste and red chilli 3-4 minutes.
- 3.Return the pork to the saucepan stir in the chicken stock, coconut and coconut cream stirring well to combine.
- 4.Reduce heat and simmer 1 ¼ hours stirring occasionally.
- 5.Serve hot with Basmati rice and roti bread garnish with fried shallots and lime wedges.
This curry is also delicious made with the addition of potatoes.