Maple-glazed bacon & poached eggs on brioche
Prep time 15 minutes Cook time 10 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •4 eggs, at room temperature
- •2 tablespoons maple syrup
- •1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- •6 rindless Australian bacon rashers, halved
- •1/3 cup store-bought hollandaise sauce
- •4 thick slices brioche bread, toasted
- •50g baby spinach leaves
- 1.To poach eggs, bring a large deep frying pan of water to the boil over high heat. Break eggs into individual cups or small bowls.
- 2.When water comes to a rolling boil, turn the heat off and gently pour eggs into water.
- 3.Cover pan and stand for 8 minutes or until whites are set and yolks still soft.
- 4.Meanwhile, combine maple syrup and mustard in a small bowl. Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- 5.Brush bacon with maple mixture and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, brushing with remaining maple mixture when turning, until golden and crisp at the edges.
- 6.Place hollandaise sauce into a small heatproof bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds or until warmed.
- 7.Place toasted brioche onto serving plates. Spread each slice with hollandaise sauce, top with spinach leaves, bacon and a poached egg.
- 8.Season with pepper and salt and serve.