Maple-glazed Pork Fillet with Potato & Pickled Onion Croquettes
Prep time 10 minutes Cook time 12 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •600g pork fillet, in 4 pieces
- •1 teaspoon celery salt
- •1½ cups leftover mashed potatoes
- •4 pickled onions, finely chopped
- •¼ cup finely-grated Parmesan cheese
- •1 bunch chives, finely snipped
- •1 cup plain flour
- •2 eggs, beaten
- •1 cup breadcrumbs
- •2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- •2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- •2 tablespoons maple syrup
- •Vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- •Roasted baby beetroot, soy beans, jus and nasturtium leaves
- 1.Season the pork filet with celery salt, then set aside for 5 minutes. Combine the mashed potatoes, pickled onions, Parmesan and chives in a bowl and mix well. Form into four logs. Dip in flour, egg and breadcrumbs to coat.
- 2.Pour the extra virgin olive oil into a pan set over a moderate-high heat, then sear the pork on all sides for 3 minutes, turning several times. Add the butter and maple syrup, then continue cooking for 3 more minutes, until glazed. Set aside to rest.
- 3.Fry the potato croquettes in hot (180C) vegetable oil for 3 minutes, until golden and crisp, then drain on kitchen paper. Carve the pork then serve with croquettes, baby beetroot, soy beans, jus and nasturtium leaves.