Mexican chilli con carne
Prep time 10 minutes Cook time 40 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •500g lean pork mince
- •1 tablespoon oil
- •1 onion, finely chopped
- •1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- •½ teaspoon cumin powder
- •½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- •1 teaspoon Mexican chilli powder
- •1 long green chilli, finely chopped
- •2 tablespoons tomato paste
- •1 can tomatoes, diced
- •½ cup chicken stock
- •400g can red kidney beans
- •Seasoned rice and tortillas
- •Sour cream and coriander
- 1.Heat frying pan over a high heat for 1 minute with oil. Add the pork mince and brown well. Remove and set aside.
- 2.Return the pan to the heat and sauté onion, spices and chilli for 2 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste and return the pork mince to the pan.
- 3.Pour in the diced tomatoes, chicken stock and red kidney beans. Mix well to combine. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- 4.Serve pork chilli con carne with seasoned rice and warm tortillas, garnish with sour cream and coriander leaves.
Sour cream can be replaced with natural yoghurt as a low fat alternative.