Mexican pulled pork
Prep time 25 minutes Cook time 3 hours
Serves 6 people
- •1 x 1.5-2kg pork shoulder roast, boneless
- •2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- •1 teaspoon Mexican chilli powder
- •1 x 400g can tomatoes, diced
- •1 cup Mexican salsa
- •1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- •½ cup brown sugar
- 1.Preheat oven to 160°C or heat slow cooker.
- 2.Combine the taco seasoning and chilli powder together and rub into the pork shoulder. Allow to stand for 20 minutes.
- 3.Place the pork shoulder into a baking dish or slow cooker and pour over the diced tomatoes, Mexican salsa, smoked paprika and brown sugar. Cover and cook in the oven at 160°C for 2 ½ - 3 hours or in the slow cooker as recommended, until meat falls apart when tested.
- 4.Allow pork to cool slightly. Using two forks, gently pull the pork into strands. Place the pork back into the sauce and heat through.
- 5.Serve Mexican pulled pork on a warm tortillas with salad and lime wedges.