Mild Korma Curried Sausages
Prep time 15 minutes Cook time 25 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •500g pork sausages
- •1 tablespoon olive oil
- •375g orange sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3cm pieces
- •1 medium brown onion, thinly sliced
- •2 tablespoons store-bought Korma curry paste
- •400g can coconut milk
- •60g baby spinach leaves
- •1 tablespoon lemon juice
- •Steamed basmati rice and warmed naan bread, to serve
- 1.Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add sausages and cook, turning often, for 8 minutes until browned on all sides. Transfer to a board.
- 2.Add sweet potato and onion to pan. Cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until softening.
- 3.Stir in curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add coconut milk and 1 cup water to pan and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally, over medium heat.
- 4.Slice sausages into thick diagonal slices and add to pan. Bring mixture to the boil, stirring occasionally, over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, for 10 minutes or until sausages are cooked through.
- 5.Add spinach to pan and cook until wilted. Stir in lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve curried sausages with rice and naan bread.