Oven baked pork loin chops with rosemary and baby onions
Prep time 10 minutes Cook time 50 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •4 lean Australian pork loin chops
- •Salt and pepper to season
- •1 tablespoon oil
- •20 small sprigs fresh rosemary
- •16 small brown onions, peeled and blanched
- •1 cup chicken stock
- •2 tablespoons chicken gravy powder
- •4 cups mashed potato to serve
- 1.Preheat oven to 160°C fan forced.
- 2.Season pork loin chops with salt and pepper. Heat a large oven proof pan over a medium heat and heat oil 1 minute, brown pork loin chops on both sides.
- 3.Add the rosemary sprigs and onions to the pan and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- 4.Pour over the combined chicken stock and gravy mix, bring to the boil stirring.
- 5.Cover pan with a lid or 2 layers of foil and bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- 6.Serve hot over creamy mashed potatoes and crusty fresh bread.
Chicken stock may be replaced with white wine or apple cider.