Oven-Grilled Pork Spare Ribs Alla Pizzaiola
Prep time 10 minutes Cook time 40 minutes
Serves 6 people
Combining rich and succulent spare ribs with the mild acidity of tomatoes and a hint of sweet cheese is a brilliant way to show off the best of Australian pork. Tell the kids it’s just like a ham pizza……only without the crust!
- •800g pork spare ribs
- •2 tablespoons oil
- •sea salt flakes and freshly-ground black pepper
- •400g can cherry tomatoes
- •2 teaspoons brown sugar
- •juice of 1 lemon
- •1 ball fresh mozzarella, torn
- •1 cup basil leaves
- 1.Preheat oven grill to high. Toss the ribs in oil, then season generously with salt and pepper.
- 2.Arrange the spare ribs in a roasting dish and grill for 3 minutes each side, until lightly browned.
- 3.Mix the tomatoes, sugar and lemon juice, add to the dish with the mozzarella pieces, turn the heat to medium-low and cook for a further 25 minutes. Scatter with basil.