Oven-Grilled Sausages with Maple-Glazed Carrots
Prep time 10 minutes Cook time 20 minutes
Serves 6 people
The real key to successfully grilling sausages is getting the right distance from the grill element itself. The sausages will spit, it’s part of their character, so being just far enough away ensures that you avoid unnecessary smoke.
- •12 pork sausages
- •cooking oil spray
- •2 bunches baby carrots, peeled
- •2 tablespoons maple syrup
- •2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- •2 teaspoons malt vinegar
- •sea salt flakes and freshly-ground black pepper
- •1 bunch chives, finely snipped
- 1.Preheat oven grill to moderate. Arrange the sausages on a lined oven tray and sprinkle with cooking oil spray. Oven-grill the sausages for 8-10 minutes on a shelf approximately 15cm from the grill element, turning several times, until just firm to touch and browned.
- 2.Steam or microwave the carrots until tender, then halve lengthways. Toss with the maple syrup, butter and vinegar, season generously with salt and pepper, then arrange on a second lined oven tray and grill for 10 minutes, until glazed and lightly blackened. Scatter with chives.