Pancetta-wrapped garlic & lemon pork cutlets
Prep time 15 minutes Cook time 12 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •2 tablespoons olive oil
- •2 garlic cloves, crushed
- •2 tablespoons lemon juice
- •4 (about 250g each) pork cutlets, rind off
- •4 thin slices lemon
- •8 thin slices mild pancetta
- •¼ cup store-bought basil pesto
- •Grilled ciabatta bread and rocket leaves, to serve
- 1.Preheat oven to 220˚C/200˚C fan-forced. Combine 1 tablespoon oil, garlic and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a shallow ceramic dish. Add pork and toss to coat. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- 2.Place pork onto a clean work surface. Place a lemon slice onto each. Fold over the pancetta, place the folded slice on one side of the cutlet and secure with a toothpick. Repeat on the other side. Repeat using remaining pancetta and pork.
- 3.Heat remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add pork and cook for 2-3 minutes each side (turning carefully) until golden.
- 4.Place pork onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Roast for 8-10 minutes or until just cooked through. Cover loosely with foil and set aside to rest for 5 minutes. Drizzle basil pesto over pork. Serve with grilled ciabatta bread and rocket leaves.