Pesto marinated pork steak with Caesar salad
Prep time 25 minutes Cook time 15 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •4 lean pork scotch fillet steaks
- •1 cup basil pesto
- •2 tablespoons olive oil
- •2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- •½ cup white wine
- •1 cos lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
- •1 cup toasted croutons
- •½ cup Parmesan cheese, shaved
- •3 slices prosciutto, crispy
- •1 cup Caesar dressing
- •Basil leaves to garnish
- •Lemon wedges to serve
- 1.Lay the pork scotch fillet steaks on a chopping board and cut 2 diagonal cuts across the steaks and then 3 diagonal cuts lengthwise.
- 2.Combine the pesto marinade ingredients together and rub into the pork scotch fillet steaks and allow to marinate for 20 minutes.
- 3.Preheat the griddle pan for 1-2 minutes over a medium heat and brush griddle with a little oil.
- 4.Place the pork steak in the griddle pan and cook for 6 minutes, turn the steak and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove steak from the pan and rest in a warm place for 2 minutes.
- 5.In a large bowl layer the Caesar salad ingredients.
- 6.Place the pesto marinated pork scotch fillet steaks on a serving plate, accompany with Caesar salad and drizzle with salad dressing just prior to serving. Garnish with basil leaves and lemon wedges.
Pork scotch fillet steak may be replaced with pork loin steak, pork fillet medallions or pork leg steaks.