Pigs in a Blanket – 2 Ways
Prep time 30 minutes Cook time 25 minutes
Serves 10 people
- •20 chipolata sausages
- •¼ cup barbecue sauce plus extra to serve (see tip)
- •2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- •10 slices streaky bacon, halved lengthways
- •Olive oil spray
- •1 sheet ready-rolled puff pastry, partially defrosted
- •1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1.Preheat oven to 220°C fan-forced. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
- 2.Combine barbecue sauce and mustard in a large bowl. Add chipolatas. Toss to lightly coat in sauce mixture.
- 3.Wrap a strip of bacon around 10 of the chipolatas and secure with a toothpick. Arrange on a baking tray. Spray with oil.
- 4.Cut 10 x 2.5cm strips from the pastry. Wrap a strip of pastry around the remaining 10 chipolatas. Arrange on the remaining baking tray. Lightly brush with egg white.
- 5.Place trays on 2 shelves (with pastry-wrapped chipolatas on the top shelf) in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, tossing the bacon-wrapped sausages occasionally, until sausages are golden brown and pastry is golden and puffed. Serve with extra barbecue sauce.
We used a Stubbs brand barbecue sauce available from supermarkets. It has an excellent flavour.