Pork and Bacon Fried Rice
Prep time 20 minutes Cook time 20 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •350g pork fillet, cut into ½cm-thick slices
- •250g Australian rindless bacon rashers, cut crossways into 1cm-thick strips
- •2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
- •2 eggs, lightly beaten
- •3 green onions (shallots), trimmed and thinly sliced
- •2 garlic cloves, crushed
- •1 large carrot, finely diced
- •6 cups cold cooked jasmine rice (see tip)
- •1 cup frozen peas
- •¼ cup salt-reduced soy sauce
- •2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1.Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a wok or large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add eggs and swirl over base to form an omelette. Cook for 1-2 minutes until set. Slide onto a board. Roll up omelette and thinly slice. Set aside.
- 2.Heat 2 teaspoons oil in wok or pan, stir-fry bacon in batches for 2 minutes or until crisp golden brown on the edges. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- 3.Add 2 teaspoons oil to wok or pan, and stir-fry pork in batches for 2 minutes until just cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- 4.Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil, green onions, garlic and carrot to wok or pan. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add bacon, pork, rice, soy sauce and sesame oil. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until rice is hot. Stir through peas. Season to taste.
- 5.Serve fried rice topped with sliced omelette. If liked, scatter with thinly sliced green onions.