Pork and Cabbage Stir-Fry with Plum Sauce
Serves 8 people
Pork leg is traditionally a roasting cut, but given the right treatment it can work in a range of other recipes, including delicious Asian-style stir-fries. What works best is a little hint of sweetness to bind it all together, and simple old-fashioned plum sauce is the perfect solution.
- •800g boneless pork leg
- •1 tablespoon oil
- •2 brown onions, thickly sliced
- •2 tablespoons minced garlic and ginger
- •2 cups Chinese cabbage, shredded
- •½ cup Asian plum sauce
- 1.Untie the pork and use a sharp knife to remove the pork skin, then slice into fine strips. Fry in a large heavy-based pan over a high heat for 5 minutes, until browned. Set aside.
- 2.Add the onions, garlic mixture and cabbage to the pan and cook for 5 minutes. Return the pork, add the plum sauce, then cook until glazed.