Pork and Chive Dumplings
Prep time 10 minutes Cook time 15 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •500g pork mince
- •½ cup finely chopped chives
- •2cm piece ginger, grated
- •¼ tsp sesame oil
- •2 tsp soy sauce
- •1 tsp salt
- •1 tsp ground black pepper
- •275g (30 wrappers) packet round dumpling wrappers
- •1 tbsp vegetable oil, to cook dumplings
Chunky Cucumber Salsa
- •1 cucumber, peeled and sliced on the angle
- •2 tsp rice wine
- •1 tsp sesame oil
- •1 tbsp light soy sauce
- •1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- •1 red chilli, sliced (optional)
- 1.In a large bowl, combine the dumpling filling ingredients and mix well
- 2.To wrap dumplings; place half a tablespoon of filling in the centre of each dumpling wrapper. Fold the circle wrapper in half and secure the sides together with a dab of water. Form a base on the dumpling as you stand each dumpling with the seam facing up. Continue filling the wrappers until the pork mince is finished. Lightly dust the dumplings with a little cornflour to ensure the dumplings don’t stick to each other.
- 3.Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Bring a kettle of water to the boil. Place dumplings in the pan and cook for 3-4 mins to allow the bottoms to colour. Reduce heat, and be very careful of splattering as you slowly pour the boiling water over the dumplings until the water is ⅓ of the way up the dumplings. Cover the pan with a lid and allow the water to completely evaporate. This will take approximately 7 minutes.
- 4.Meanwhile, prepare the chunky cucumber salsa; combine salsa ingredients and set aside.
- 5.When dumplings are cooked, remove from pan and arrange on a serving plate. Serve immediately with the chunky cucumber salsa.
Recipe makes 30 dumplings