Pork and Pineapple Stir-Fry
Prep time 10 minutes Cook time 10 minutes
Serves 4 people
The high heat of stir frying enables mince to caramelise and get rich flavour in no time flat. The real trick is to make sure you continue breaking up the mince with a whisk as it cooks to ensure there are no large lumps.
- •500g pork mince
- •2 tablespoons oil
- •2 cups mixed diced vegetables (onions, capsicums, carrots, snow peas)
- •4cm piece ginger, cut into fine batons
- •1 tablespoon minced garlic
- •2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- •juice of 2 limes
- •1 cup pineapple chunks
- •1 bunch Thai basil leaves
- 1.Set a heavy-based wok over a high heat and fry the pork mince in half the oil for 5 minutes, breaking up with a whisk. Set aside.
- 2.Fry the vegetables, ginger and garlic in the remaining oil for 5 minutes.
- 3.Return the pork mince, then add the soy and lime juice.
- 4.Mix in the pineapple and Thai basil.