Pork and Rocket Pasta
Prep time 10 minutes Cook time 20 minutes
Serves 4 people
Let this easy midweek meal transport you to Italy with the peppery flavour of fresh rocket and succulent Australian pork.
- •500g diced pork
- •375g dried penne pasta
- •1 red onion, sliced
- •3 cloves garlic, minced
- •300g button mushrooms, sliced
- •Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- •3 tablespoons olive oil
- •½ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- •1 cup rocket leaves
- •1 cup baby spinach leaves
- •2 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds
- •2 spring onions, sliced
- •Salt and pepper
- 1.Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil, and boil penne according to packet instructions. While the pasta cooks, heat a small pan to medium heat and toast the slivered almonds until just brown, and set aside.
- 2.Heat some oil in a large fry pan over medium-high heat, and fry the onion and garlic until golden, then add the mushrooms and cook until soft. Add the lemon zest, chopped parsley, spring onions and cook quickly to avoid burning. Set mixture aside.
- 3.In a separate pan, cook the diced pork over medium heat for 6 minutes or until golden. Once cooked through, add the pork to the mushroom mixture and toss together.
- 4.Drain the penne and add to the pork and mushroom mixture, stirring until well combined. Transfer to a large bowl and add rocket, spinach and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 5.Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with grated parmesan. For an extra special touch, add a touch of truffle oil to the finished dish.