Pork bangers & mash with grilled apples
Prep time 10 minutes Cook time 30 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •8 thick pork sausages
- •2 Granny Smith apples, cut into wedges
- •Oil for brushing
- •800g potatoes
- •45g butter, chopped
- •1/3 cup warm milk
- •Traditional gravy to serve
- 1.Heat the griddle pan over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- 2.Cook the sausages slowly on each side for 4-6 minutes until cooked through (time will be dependant on the thickness of the sausage).
- 3.Remove the sausages from the griddle plate and wipe over with a damp cloth.
- 4.Brush the apples wedges with oil and place the wedges on the griddle plate and brown on both sides for 2 minutes.
- 5.For the mash, peel the potatoes and cut into large chunks. Boil in a saucepan of salted water for 20 minutes or until tender.
- 6.Drain potatoes and roughly mash with a fork or potato masher. Add the butter and warm milk to the potatoes and beat until fluffy. Season with salt and pepper.
- 7.Serve pork sausages on a bed of creamy mashed potato, drizzle with gravy and serve with grilled apple wedges on the side.
If your cooking more than a few thick sausages, bring a pot of water to a simmer and blanch sausages for 2-3 minutes this will begin the cooking process prevent the sausages from bursting from their skins.