Pork Belly Casserole with Garden Vegetables and Rosemary
Prep time 10 minutes Cook time 3 hours 20 minutes
Serves 6 people
Cooked as casserole, belly rashers can tenderise properly, while achieving maximum flavour in their cooking medium.
- •600g pork belly rashers
- •2 teaspoons oil
- •2 cup mixed garden vegetables, diced (carrots, celery, onion, leek)
- •12 cloves garlic, crushed
- •4 sprigs rosemary
- •¼ cup pearl barley
- •1 litre chicken stock
- 1.Preheat oven to 150°C. Fry the pork belly rashers in a large heavy-based pan over a high heat in oil for 3 minutes, each side, until browned. Set aside.
- 2.Fry the vegetables, garlic and rosemary for 5 minutes, until aromatic, then mix in the garlic and transfer to a casserole dish.
- 3.Top with pork rashers and stock, fit the lid, then bake for 3 hours, until the pork and barley are both tender.