Pork belly lettuce cups
Prep time 15 minutes Cook time 1 hour 25 minutes
Serves 6 people
- •1kg square pork belly rind on roast, boneless
- •Salt flakes
- •1 butter lettuce, washed
- •1 cucumber, sliced thinly
- •½ cup red capsicum curls
- •Spring onion curls to garnish
- •1 cup sweet chilli sauce
- •2 teaspoons fish sauce
- •1 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1.Place the pork belly onto a chopping board and pat the rind dry with paper towel, score the pork rind thinly with a sharp knife.
- 2.Rub the rind with a little oil and sprinkle with flaked salt.
- 3.Place the pork belly into a shallow roasting dish and roast in the preheated oven 240⁰C for 30 minutes.
- 4.Reduce oven temperature 180⁰C for a further 40 minutes. Remove pork belly from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- 5.Cut the pork belly into small squares and place 3-4 onto each lettuce leaf.
- 6.Garnish with sliced cucumber, capsicum curls and spring onion curls. Drizzle with a little sweet chilli and ginger sauce.
To make perfect crackling remove pork belly roast from the packaging and place on a plate uncovered overnight to dry the rind.