Pork Belly Rasher Burgers
Prep time 15 minutes Cook time 60 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •¼ cup smoked barbecue sauce
- •¼ cup tomato sauce
- •1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- •1 tablespoon sriracha hot chilli sauce
- •1 tablespoon honey
- •8 pork belly rashers
- •4 brioche burger buns, split
- •1/3 cup whole egg mayonnaise
- •1 baby cos lettuce, leaves trimmed
- •1 carrot, shredded lengthways
- •1/3 cup coriander leaves
- •1/3 cup small mint leaves
- •1 long red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 1.Preheat oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan-forced.
- 2.Combine barbecue sauce, tomato sauce Worcestershire sauce, sriracha sauce and honey in a large bowl. Add pork belly rashers and toss to coat. Stand for 10 minutes.
- 3.Place pork belly rashers onto greased wire rack in the base of large roasting pan. Pour 1 cup water into the pan. Cover roasting pan with foil and place in oven. Roast for 30 minutes.
- 4.Remove foil and roast for a further 30 minutes or until golden and very tender.
- 5.Toast burger buns. Spread cut sides of buns with mayonnaise. Dividing ingredients evenly, top each bun base with lettuce, carrot, coriander, mint, pork rashers and chilli. Top with the bun tops and serve.