Pork Belly Rasher Stir-Fry with Rainbow Vegetables
Prep time 10 minutes Cook time 10 minutes
Serves 6 people
Pork belly, while often slow-cooked, can be successfully stir-fried, provided the heat is high and the cooking time short. If no heavy-based wok is available, a heavy-based saucepan is preferable to a light wok for home stoves.
- •600g pork belly rashers, 1cm thick
- •2 tablespoon sesame oil
- •2 cups mixed colourful vegetables (capsicums, baby corn, onions, bok choy)
- •2 tablespoons soy sauce
- •1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- •rice, ginger batons, Asian herbs and fried shallots, to serve
- 1.Use a sharp knife to cut the belly rashers into fine pieces, about ½cm wide.
- 2.Toss with half the sesame oil, then fry in a large heavy-based wok over a high heat for 4 minutes, until browned.
- 3.Add the remaining oil and vegetables to the wok and cook for 5 minutes, until softened, then pour in the sauces.
- 4.Simmer for 2 minutes, then stir in the pork. Serve on rice with ginger, Asian herbs and fried shallots