Pork bistro scotch steak
Prep time 5 minutes Cook time 15 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •4 pork scotch steaks, 2cm thick
- •Salt and pepper to season
- •60g butter
- •200g mushrooms, sliced
- •30g flour
- •1 cup chicken stock
- •½ cup cooking cream
- •¼ cup chives, chopped
- •Steamed vegetables or chunky chips to serve
- 1.Season the pork steaks with salt and pepper and rub with oil. Tie with a little kitchen string to secure shape.
- 2.Heat a heavy based frying pan or griddle pan over a medium-high heat and cook pork steaks for 6 minutes on one side and 2 minutes on the other. Rest in a warm place for 2 minutes.
- 3.Heat butter in a small frying pan and sauté mushrooms for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and gradually add the combined chicken stock and cream until smooth.
- 4.Return the pan to the heat and cook stirring continuously until sauce boils and thickens. Stir in chives.
- 5.Serve pork steaks with creamy mushroom sauce and steamed vegetables or chunky cut chips.