Pork sausage casserole
Prep time 10 minutes Cook time 35 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •8 pork sausages
- •1 tablespoon olive oil
- •1 zucchini, sliced
- •1 corn, kernels sliced (alternatively you can use a 125g can of corn kernels)
- •½ capsicum, sliced
- •½ red onion, sliced
- •2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- •500ml tomato passata
- •1 cup chicken stock
- •1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- •Baby spinach leaves
- •Toasted Baguette slices
- 1.Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and brown sausages well for 4-5 minutes. Remove sausages from the pan and allow to cool slightly.
- 2.Return the pan to the heat and sauté the onion, garlic, zucchini, capsicum and corn.
- 3.Stir in the tomato passata, cherry tomatoes, chicken stock and bring to the boil.
- 4.Slice the sausages diagonally and return to pan.
- 5.Cover the pan and simmer for a further 30 minutes.
- 6.Spoon the sausage cassoulet into a large serving bowl and serve garnished with spinach leaves and accompanied with a toasted sliced baguette.
This sausage casserole is also delicious with sliced chorizo and smoked paprika added for a delicious difference.