Pork Chipolata and Bocconcini Pasta Bake
Prep time 15 minutes Cook time 40 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •500g pork chipolata sausages
- •400g dried penne pasta
- •2 tablespoons olive oil
- •2 x 400g cans cherry tomatoes
- •250g tub zucchini spaghetti/noodles (see tip)
- •60g baby spinach leaves
- •150g baby (cherry) bocconcini, drained
- •½ cup finely grated parmesan
- •basil leaves, to serve
- 1.Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water following packet directions until just tender. Drain.
- 2.Meanwhile, pour oil into a large baking pan and heat in oven for 5 minutes or until hot. Add chipolatas and toss to coat in oil. Bake, tossing occasionally, for 15 minutes, or until evenly browned.
- 3.Add drained pasta, tomatoes, zucchini spaghetti/noodles and spinach to the pan. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Scatter with bocconcini and sprinkle with parmesan. Bake for 20 minutes or until bocconcini melts and bake is hot. Serve sprinkled with basil leaves.
Ready-made fresh spiralized zucchini spaghetti/noodles are available in the fridge in the produce section of most supermarkets and greengrocers. Use one large zucchini if you are spiralizing your own spaghetti/noodles.