Pork Leg Schnitzels with Sage & Lemon
Prep time 30 minutes Cook time 10 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •600g pork leg steaks
- •1/3 cup plain flour
- •2 eggs
- •1 ½ cups panko breadcrumbs
- •½ cup finely grated parmesan
- •Light flavoured olive oil, for shallow frying
- •1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- •1/3 cup sage leaves
- •1/3 cup lemon juice
- •Rocket salad and lemon wedges, to serve
- 1.Preheat oven to 150˚C/130˚C fan-forced.
- 2.Place pork between 2 sheets of baking paper, and flatten with a rolling pin until about ½ cm thick.
- 3.Place flour onto a plate and season with salt and pepper. Lightly whisk eggs in a shallow bowl. Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan in a shallow bowl.
- 4.Dust each piece of pork with flour, dip into egg and evenly coat in panko mixture, pressing the crumb mixture into the pork. Place on a tray and chill for 15 minutes.
- 5.Heat ½cm oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook schnitzels in batches, for 2 minutes on each side or until golden and just cooked through. Transfer to a baking tray and keep warm in the oven.
- 6.Wipe out the frying pan using paper towel. Add extra virgin olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add sage and cook, turning once, until crisp. Transfer sage to a plate lined with paper towel. Add lemon juice to the pan and cook until bubbling. Sprinkle fried sage over schnitzels. Drizzle with hot lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with a rocket salad and lemon wedges.