Pork, Lemon and Sage Orecchiette Pasta
Prep time 15 minutes Cook time 20 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- •4 x 180g pork leg or medallion steaks
- •400g orecchiette pasta
- •25g unsalted butter
- •2 shallots, finely chopped
- •3 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- •1 tsp chilli flakes, plus extra to serve (optional)
- •6 sage leaves, finely chopped, plus extra fried leaves to serve (optional)
- •1 lemon, zested and juiced
- •200ml crème fraiche
- •1/3 cup very finely grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- 1.Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until al dente then drain, reserving ½ cup cooking liquid.
- 2.Season the pork steaks with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 3.Heat 2 tbs oil in deep frypan over medium high heat. Cook pork in pan using our 6-2-2 method. That’s 6 minutes on one side, 2 minutes on the other, then set aside to rest for 2 minutes, covering fully with alfoil. If you prefer a little bit of pink, just reduce the cooking time.
- 4.Heat remaining 2 tbs oil and butter in the pan over medium high heat.
- 5.Add the shallots and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened then add the garlic, chilli, sage and lemon zest and cook for a further 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the crème fraiche, reserved pasta water and lemon juice and bring to a simmer.
- 6.Very thinly slice the pork then add to the sage sauce and stir to coat with the drained pasta and parmesan.
- 7.Serve topped with fried sage leaves, extra parmesan and chilli flakes.