Pork Loin Chop Casserole
Serves 4 people
Pork loin chops can be baked casserole-style in the oven in a lidded dish. As a prime cut they become most tender after around 2½ hour total baking time. The addition of a creamy component helps make them richer and even more delicious.
- •4 170g pork loin chops
- •sea salt flakes and freshly-ground black pepper
- •3 cups mixed vegetables and fruits (onions, celery, garlic, apples)
- •1½L cooking liquid (stock, tomatoes, cider)
- •½ cup cream or equivalent
- 1.Season the pork chops generously with salt and pepper, then brown in a pan over a high heat.
- 2.Combine the pork chops, vegetables (and fruit if using) and cooking liquid in a lidded casserole dish.
- 3.Bake at a low-moderate heat for 2 hours, add cream and bake for a final 30 minutes.