Pork Loin Stir-Fry with Bamboo Shoots & Corn
Serves 6 people
Pork loin is the principal muscle that runs down the length of the pig, and is the main muscle in pork loin chops. Lean and flavoursome, and with no bones, it is best cooked quickly. As steaks, no thicker than 1cm is best, for stir fry cut into fine strips.
- •600g pork loin (whole or steaks)
- •2 tablespoons soy sauce
- •1 tablespoon cornflour
- •2 teaspoons oil
- •1 punnet baby corn, sliced
- •½ cup chicken stock
- •½ cup sliced bamboo shoots, drained and rinsed
- •2 bunches steamed Asian greens, to serve
- 1.Use a sharp knife to slice pork loin into fine pieces.
- 2.Toss the pork with soy sauce and cornflour, then fry with the corn in oil in a large heavy based wok set over a high heat for 4 minutes, until browned.
- 3.Pour in the stock and bring to a simmer and thicken, then stir in the bamboo shoots. Serve over steamed Asian greens.