Pork Medallions with Pear, Rocket & Toasted Almond Salad
Prep time 5 minutes Cook time 15 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •4 x 150g lean pork fillet medallions, 2cm thick
- •1 tablespoon olive oil
- •Salt and pepper
- •150g rocket leaves, washed
- •2 small ripe pears, thinly sliced
- •½ lemon, juiced
- •1 small bulb of fennel, finely shaved
- •¼ cup flaked almonds, toasted
- •½ lemon, zested and juiced
- •1 tablespoon seeded mustard
- •2 tablespoons olive oil
- •2 tablespoons ver juice or malt vinegar
- •1 teaspoon brown sugar
- •Pinch salt
- 1.Brush the pork fillet medallions with a little oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 2.Preheat the griddle pan for 1-2 minutes over a medium heat.
- 3.Place the pork medallions on the griddle pan and cook for 6 minutes, turn the steak and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove steak from the pan and rest in a warm place for 2 minutes.
- 4.Combine the prepared salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss lightly to combine.
- 5.Place the dressing ingredients into a large jar and shake well to combine.
- 6.Dress salad just prior to serving with juicy pork medallions. Garnish with lemon or extra almonds.