Pork Mince, Chilli & Rocket Penne
Prep time 15 minutes Cook time 25 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •400g dried penne pasta
- •2 tablespoons olive oil
- •1 brown onion, finely chopped
- •2 garlic cloves, crushed
- •2 long red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- •2 tablespoons baby capers, drained and rinsed
- •500g pork mince
- •60g baby rocket leaves
- •finely grated parmesan and extra sliced red chilli, to serve
- 1.Cook penne in a large saucepan of boiling salted water following packet directions. Drain and return to the pan.
- 2.Meanwhile, heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion, garlic, chillies and capers and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- 3.Add pork mince and cook, stirring constantly, with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 10 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Remove from heat.
- 4.Toss pork mixture through the penne over low heat. Add rocket leaves. Season with salt and pepper and toss until rocket begins to wilt. Serve with parmesan and extra sliced red chilli.