Pork Mince Samosas
Prep time 30 minutes Cook time 30 minutes
Serves 5 people
- •2 tbs vegetable oil
- •1 tsp mustard seeds
- •½ onion, very finely chopped
- •1 tbs grated ginger
- •2 garlic cloves, crushed
- •350g pork mince
- •2 tsp garam masala
- •1/3 cup eggplant pickle, plus extra to serve
- •200g drained chickpeas
- •½ cup chopped coriander leaves, plus extra leaves to serve
- •1/3 cup frozen peas
- •2 x packs filo pastry
- •150g unsalted butter, melted
- •Thick Greek-style yoghurt to serve
- 1.Preheat oven to 200 (180 fan-forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- 2.For the filling, heat the oil in a frypan over medium high heat. Add the mustard seeds and cook for 10 seconds then add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- 3.Add the ginger, garlic and garam masala and cook for 1 minute then add the pork, chickpeas and eggplant pickle and cook for 5-6 minutes until browned all over.
- 4.Add the coriander and peas and stir through then season to taste and remove from the heat and cool completely.
- 5.Place 1 sheet of filo pastry onto a flat surface. Brush with a little melted butter. Top with another sheet of filo pastry.
- 6.Fold over the long edges so they overlap slightly in the middle. The strip of filo should now be 1/3 of its original width.
- 7.Place 2 tbs filling at 1 short end of 1 filo strip. Fold over to form a triangle. Continue folding, keeping triangle shape to enclose filling.
- 8.Repeat with remaining filo, butter and filling. Brush with butter and scatter with sesame seeds.
- 9.Place triangles onto prepared tray. Brush with butter. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden.
- 10.Serve with yoghurt, coriander leaves and extra pickle.