Pork parmigiana steak with chips and salad
Serves 4 people
- •4 lean pork loin steak
- •1 tablespoon oil
- •Salt and pepper to taste
- •3/4 cup roasted tomato sauce
- •1 mozzarella cheese ball, sliced
- •¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- •Crispy fried potato chips
- 1.Brush the pork leg steak with a little oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 2.Preheat the griddle pan for 1-2 minutes over a medium heat.
- 3.Place the pork steak in the griddle pan and cook for 6 minutes, turn the steak and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove steak from the pan and rest in a warm place for 2 minutes.
- 4.Place steaks on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Spoon the roasted tomato sauce over the pork steaks and top with sliced mozzarella cheese.
- 5.Place the prepared steaks under the preheated grill and cook until cheese is bubbling and golden brown.
- 6.Remove steaks from the baking tray and place onto a serving platter with crispy fried potato chips and salad.
To make a roasted tomato sauce:
1kg ripe tomatoes, halved
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Toss all ingredients together and a shallow baking dish. Roast tomatoes for 1 hour in the preheated oven 160⁰C. Remove from oven and place in a saucepan with 1/2 cup red wine and simmer, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and leave to cool for 15 minutes. Store in an air tight container in the fridge and use as required.