Pork Pot Sticker Dumplings
Prep time 40 minutes Cook time 15 minutes
Serves 30 people
- •1 ½ cups finely shredded Chinese cabbage
- •1 teaspoon salt
- •250g pork mince
- •2 green onions (shallots), trimmed and finely chopped
- •1 garlic clove, crushed
- •2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- •2 teaspoons cornflour
- •1 tablespoon salt reduced soy sauce + extra to serve
- •1 teaspoon sesame oil
- •30 fresh dumpling wrappers
- •2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- •1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, to serve
- 1.Place cabbage into a bowl and sprinkle with salt. Stand for 15 minutes to soften. Drain and squeeze cabbage to remove excess juice then return to the bowl.
- 2.Add pork mince, green onions, garlic, ginger, cornflour, soy sauce and sesame oil. Season with salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- 3.Place dumpling wrappers on a clean flat surface. Place a heaped teaspoon of pork mince mixture in the centre of each wrapper. Brush wrapper edges with water. Fold wrapper in half and using your thumb and index finger, pleat one edge and press to enclose the filling. Place onto prepared baking tray.
- 4.Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- 5.Add 15 dumplings, pleated side-up and cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden on the bases. Add ½ cup boiling water, cover and cook for 4 minutes or until water has evaporated and dumplings have a golden crust on one side.
- 6.Repeat with remaining 15 dumplings.
- 7.Transfer to serving plates, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with extra soy sauce.