Pork Prosciutto, Lemon & Sage with Creamy Chive Potatoes
Prep time 10 minutes Cook time 30 minutes
Serves 4 people
This recipe takes a beautiful Australian pork steak and transforms it into something you might find in a restaurant. And it’s so easy!
- •4 Australian pork scotch or loin steaks
- •4 Australian prosciutto slices
- •4 sage leaves
- •1 lemon
- •2 bunches asparagus or green beans (can substitute for other seasonal green vegetables)
- •4 large potatoes
- •100g butter
- •200mL cream
- •2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- •Salt & pepper
- 1.Cut the potatoes into quarters and place in a pot of cold water over a high heat. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes or until they are tender. Drain the water from the pot. Heat the cream and add to the potatoes along with the butter and chives. Mash until you have achieved a smooth consistency. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- 2.Season the pork steaks with salt and pepper and place a slice of prosciutto and a sage leaf on top of each.
- 3.Add a dash of oil to a frypan over medium-high heat. Add the pork, sage and prosciutto side down and cook for 6 minutes. Flip the steaks and cook on the other side for 2 minutes. Remove the steaks from the pan and rest on a plate for at least 2 minutes.
- 4.Trim the ends of the asparagus or green beans if you are using them. Keeping the pan over a medium heat, add a squeeze of lemon juice and put the vegetables into the pan. Fry for 5 minutes, turning from time to time. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper to taste.
- 5.Place a spoonful of the mashed potato onto each plate. Top with a pork steak and some of the asparagus. Pour over the pan juices for added flavour.